Altogether Together Better
Cynergy were asked by the Altogether Together Better programme team (part of NHS Yorkshire & Humber at the time) to promote the development of a national framework for industrialising community health champions. The main objectives for this event were:
- Set the policy context to explain / explore the need to industrialise community health champions.
- Ensure a common understanding of the concept and potential impact of community health champions by showcasing effective models and best practice.
- Gain ideas and commitment from participants to develop a national framework for industrializing CHCs.
- Stimulate interest in the audience to invest in community health champions as an effective mechanism to reduce health inequalities.
Our skilled and experienced team of Event Managers began this project by attending a full planning meeting with the programme team to understand the full scope of the brief and the work that had been undertaken thus far.
It was agreed that a national event (based in Leeds) was required to bring together 300 knowledgeable and influential stakeholders who together, could develop and deliver a national framework for industrialising community health champions.
Together with the relevant members of the programme team, Cynergy designed a full day event programme which featured main plenary sessions with national policy speakers, informative workshop sessions, table top consultation activities and a best practice creative showcase. The showcase area was a key element of the event as it gave delegates the opportunity to meet and learn from champions and partners involved in delivering community health champions initiatives.
This innovative and interactive exhibition area was created in the theme of a community café, featuring the Altogether Better Juice Bar, Health Trainers Café, Communities for Health picnic area and the Community Health Champions take away. Each of these zones were jam packed with creative materials such as picnic hampers, personalised pizza boxes and take away bags, each showcasing activities and projects happening across the country.
- Event brand design and creation
- Activity design
- Design and production of all materials
- Full event management
- Creative showcase creation and production
- Venue sourcing
- Event logistics and on-site management
- Full technical support
- Delegate management
- Speaker management
A post event evaluation was created, and all speakers, delegates and participants were sent a thank you pack of presentations and resources used on the day. The team worked hard to synthesise all the data from each of the activities to provide recommendations for the programme to use going forward. We also worked closely with each of the marketplace holders to ensure that the resources provided were suitable for them to use again within in the community, providing value for money.